This simple ice cream recipe base comes from Allysa Torey’s At Home with Magnolia. By using sweetened condensed milk, you bypass making a custard, traditional in ice cream recipes. Although sweetened condensed milk is not the healthiest ingredient, it makes for an easy and delicious dessert. Flavorings are up to you. I chose toasted walnuts and chocolate chunks but you can add whatever pleases you. This recipe is perfect for summer as there is no cooking required.
Banana, Walnut, & Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
1 can sweetened condensed non-fat milk
1 cup ripe banana, mashed
3/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix in a bowl. Pour into an 8×8 glass casserole dish.
- Wrap with plastic wrap & place in the freezer for 2hrs. Mixing every half-hour.
- Then put in an ice cream machine for 20 minutes.
3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
3/4 cups walnuts, chopped & toasted
- Add to the ice cream & continue in the machine for another 5-7 minutes.
- You can serve at this point or freeze again by storing in an air tight container.
- Personally, I like the more hard-serve texture, so I froze it for a couple of hours before I ate it.